Helminths (worms) the human body – a problem faced by almost everyone. The main reason for the occurrence of such parasites, unwashed hands. Some species do not represent a special danger and simply treatable. But there are worms that cause the death of the patient.
Helminthes – parasitic worms living at the expense of the human or animal body and cause serious disease. They hit the vital organs – lungs, liver, heart. Can penetrate into the ears, eyes and even the brain!
Worst tapeworms in the human body, which, with its own digestive system, support its existence at the expense of the bearer, sucking the blood out of him and all the nutrients.
The most susceptible to infection by helminths children. All because they do not follow proper rules of hygiene. And the main route of infection is known - that dirty hands and objects.
The first symptoms that indicate the development of worms, may occur three to four days after infection, and sometimes a year and a half (filaria). The most common worms in humans – pinworm, amazing thick and cecum. Another "popular" – the shuttle. They cause serious diseases and inflammation.
If there is reason to suspect worms, you need to visit a doctor for qualified help. Treatment most often occurs quickly and efficiently.
Types of worms in humans
Helminthiasis – infestation of worms – can be caused one of the 150 species of parasites (the researchers examined 12 thousands of species of worms!).
The most common:
- Pinworms. Small worms are grey-white in color, which live and multiply in the gastrointestinal tract. The main damage caused by such a detrimental effect on the microflora. The result of such phenomena as enterobiasis, inflammation of the urogenital system, nervous disorders, mental and physical growth retardation. Path of contact with worms, dirty hands, dirty food, Pet.
- Roundworm. Worm in the human body, which can reach up to 40 cm long. Such worms can move from the intestine to the lungs, causing tissue and cause bleeding. Symptoms of Helminthiasis caused by species, often confused with diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Roundworm violation of microflora in the intestines, absorbs nutrients. They can cause allergic reactions, sometimes even asthma, and choking. To get the parasite to humans through unwashed dishes and hands.
- It whipworm. Worm in the human body, which occupies the third place according to its frequency. They fall through food. The cause of the disease – trihozefalez, which is accompanied by abdominal pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea, anemia. Often the symptoms are confused with appendicitis.
- The tapeworm. One of the most dangerous species, which reaches 10 meters (and sometimes more!) length. The route of infection of fresh water fish. The worm lives entirely at the expense of the owner, "suck all the juice". Affect any organs. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headaches, and sometimes hallucinations (when the worm gets to the brain). The same type – a pork and beef tapeworm and are the largest worms in the human body.
- Hookworm. The fall through the skin and contaminated soil. Are the lung and the intestine. Blood media. Symptoms of infection resemble the symptoms of respiratory diseases. Also abdominal pain and disorders of the esophagus.
- The Species Trichinella. Infection occurs through the meat for food (especially meat of wild dangerous animals). Worms are striking muscle tissue of the face, extremities, respiratory system, heart. Symptoms – high fever (two weeks after infection), disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, abdominal pain, pruritus, rash. When a large number of larvae can be fatal.
- Pay For Dens. Enters the body with contaminated fish. Affects the intestines and gall bladder. Symptoms – pain and cramps, fever, "aches" of the body and joints, nausea, allergic reactions. The chronic form of this Helminthiasis can cause hepatitis. The worst complication of liver cirrhosis and cancer. Even though the drug iecoris Caves, traces of the parasite remain in the form of inflammation of the liver.
- Echinococcus. The representative of the tapeworms. Reaches a length of 4-5 meters. Parasites cats, most dogs and wolves. To get a man to worms initially strike the intestines, and then together with the blood spread throughout the body. Most often settle in the lungs and the liver. Externally, the lesions resemble cysts, which grow and are incorrectly treated for cancer treatment. Complications, which cause the worm – cysts and sharp intoxication of the organism and its contents.
Often people underestimate the risk of worms. So do not take timely action. Remember that some parasites worms in humans lead to fatal results.
The causes of worms
The main causes of infection of the helminths, two – and unwashed hands and dealt with the wrong food. All kinds of worms enter the body:
- The contaminated soil.
- Water supply (drinking water).
- Vegetables, fruits, berries.
- Raw meat and fish, eggs, milk.
- Vector control can be a Pet – cats and dogs, and flies that carry parasite eggs.
The best prevention of Helminthiasis submission to the rules of personal hygiene.
Signs of worms in the human body
That the person is infected with one or another kind of worms may indicate the following symptoms:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps.
- Loss of appetite, weight loss.
- Increased body temperature, sometimes up to 39-40 degrees.
- Rash and redness on the skin.
- Certain types of worms – long dry cough, diseases of the liver (depending on which organ is affected by worms). The worms live in the human body that can cause different reactions in the body "attack".
- The appearance of circles under the eyes.
- Bad breath.
- Itching in the anus, especially at night.
- Gnashing of the teeth during sleep, snoring, restless sleep.
- Lymphadenitis – inflammation of the lymph nodes, which is associated with the accumulation of pus.
- Fatigue, weakness, irritability.
Often, some symptoms are absent or perceived as any other disease. Therefore, a visit to the doctor is delayed. Thus, the risk of complications increases.
Diagnosis of worms
There are several types of diagnosis, that determine the helminth in the human body. They are based on symptoms of the patient, which will help determine the path of infection.
- Micro - and macroanalysis of feces. Used for detection of all types of worms.
- A blood test for the presence of larvae.
- Ultrasound diagnosis.
- The X-rays.
- A biopsy of the muscle tissue.
- Endoscopic studies, which use special devices – endoscopes. One of these species is fibrogastroduodenoscopy. It is the study of the bodies of the esophagus using a special probe.
If you suspect pinworms enough normal stool. More sophisticated types of worms and require more complex diagnostics.
Treatment of helminthiasis
If there are worms in the human body, treatment should begin immediately, in order to avoid complications. This, first of all, you should contact a specialist who will diagnose and prescribe the tactics of treatment.
Treatment of worms are:
- Reception of medicines, wide or narrow spectrum of activity. The drug is used once or system. Such services are medical supplies, "Piperazine", "Pyrantel", "Mebendazole", "Albendazole", "Levamisole", "Medama" and others.
- Probiotics, such as all kinds of worms, mainly the violation of the intestinal microflora.
- Use allergy medicine funds.
- Diet. The restriction of sweet products.
- Strict hygiene (food handling, disinfection and indus linen, household goods).
- Control worms after a certain time. Is mandatory, in order to determine the residues of larvae.
When you find worms in the human body, preventive measures should be taken to all family members. Prevention requires unum tempus medicines.
Traditional methods of treatment of helminths are effective and efficient, if you know how to use them correctly.
Helminthiasis is not only a disease that brings discomfort to man, it is a disease that can cause complicated health problems. Therefore, treatment of the disease should begin immediately.
- All known since childhood method of prevention of intestinal worms – garlic and onions. These two create in the intestine is a hostile environment, which is not very much like worms.
- Decoctions of herbs (chamomile, fennel).
- In addition, the therapeutic oils in food (bergamot, tea tree, lavender).
- Tincture of onion. Cut one onion into several pieces and crash in the morning the water. In the morning drink on an empty stomach. The course of treatment – a week.
- Horseradish, garlic (one to one), pour half a glass of alcohol. Infuse for ten days, strain and drink one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- Garlic with milk. Eat as much garlic and wash it all down with milk. Two hours later, or do an enema or drink a laxative.
- The carrot juice. To drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Eat pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pomegranate, mint.
Prevention of worms
Just like any disease, it is better to prevent Helminthiasis. The best prevention of worms – clean hands and pure products.
- To stop unrefined water, milk. Such products have to deal with high temperatures (boiling).
- To comply with the rules of heat treatment of food.
- Refused to eat meat with "blood", as well as raw meat.
- Vegetables and fruits before eating should douse with boiling water.
- Give up to buy products in the spontaneous markets.
- If you have Pets, they need to research the vet.
- In spring and autumn, regardless of whether there are worms in the body, it is necessary to make birth control drugs.
- People in the risk group (workers of kindergartens, schools, zoos, veterinary clinics) should be regularly tested for worms.
Complications of helminthiasis
The worms live in the human body, not only to bring its owner some discomfort, but can cause serious complications:
- Rolling human body, the parasites damage the organs and tissues and disrupt their normal function. Thus, there may be different inflammatory processes, including cancer.
- There is a sharp intoxication of an organism products of disintegration of the worms. The result is often allergies, asthma, choking.
- Worm ascarids cause of complex diseases of the upper respiratory tract (pneumonia, bronchitis).
- The parasites attack the genitourinary system, causing cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis and other diseases.
- A dangerous phenomenon, which occurs as a result of infection by worms, – peritonitis – inflammation of the abdominal cavity.
- Often, internal bleeding, anemia, a complete depletion of the body.
If we talk about all the complications that may arise as a result of infection by helminths, the person underestimates "these little critters"! You can never ignore the symptoms!
How to identify worms in children?
To diagnose helminths in children is sometimes more difficult than adults. Worms can affect a child's body years, few people know. Therefore, do not pay enough attention to symptoms.
If children found the following characteristics of the ailments, should consult a specialist. Maybe the child is suffering from Helminthiasis.
- Sharply reduced appetite, weight loss.
- The increased interest in sweets. All sorts of "Goodies", including not only people, but also parasites.
- The child tormented by morning sickness, and sometimes vomiting.
- Constant stomach pain for no apparent reason.
- Toddler teeth grinding in sleep, snoring.
- Prolonged dry cough.
This is in relation to the main symptoms. Worms in the human body, especially small, can cause a variety of reactions that parents often confused with other diseases. Whatever it was, the child in any case should take to a therapist.
The main form of diagnosis of worms in children – the study of feces. Different de-vermis drugs can choose the drug treatment for every taste and age. But the best prevention is to clean your hands, disinfect the house, and proper handling of products.
Worms during pregnancy
Worms though, and dangerous "creatures", but quickly treatable. Unfortunately, this does not apply to pregnant women. Infection of worms during pregnancy can cause serious complications in the fetus development, parturition, and many other problems.
Almost all drugs used in the treatment of worms, is contraindicated in pregnant as they can harm the baby. Therefore, it is forbidden to self-medicate. The only way is to visit a doctor and get professional help.
A powerful tool for pregnant women in the fight against worms are the traditional methods – carrot juice in the morning, the garlic and onions, pumpkin seeds. You also need to eat more foods that contain fiber, and yogurt with probiotics.
Worms in humans is a serious problem, which should not be ignored. Some parasites can grow up to 20 meters, draining and sucking all the power of the people, brings the latter to death.
Timely diagnosis of the worms will take care of quickly and efficiently. And the best prevention is to follow the rules of personal hygiene.